Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> After Reading Several Posts...
ReconcileNow
post Nov 17 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,395

Well, I've hung around here off and on reading threads and posts and I have to wonder a few things.

The answers have already been put in front of you. How come it seems to be falling on deaf ears? I do know that one point has not been explicitly made. So I will attempt to do so.

It has been put that your products are not for the mass market. I agree. Your prices (the bundles in the store not all developers) reflect that very clearly. Yet you seem to be having the problem of the mass market getting their hands on them for whatever reason.

This reason is through pirated software. The reason the software is being pirated is because there is a demand for it, basic fundamentals of business right? Supply and demand?

If you do not want to be the supply filling the demand; why not make sure that the developers who wish to or those who's prices allow for the mass market to become a part of their customer base, get the exposure to that market? While you market in a B2B fashion behind those scenes to the customers you intend your products for. This way when a kid gets it into his head that he wants to learn about music production he goes to Cocko's for a $60 REAPER license instead of the warez community.

Now, I have to say reluctance to do such a thing sort of indicates that you do what this customer base but only on your terms. If that is the case I'm sorry, you can't be like a hormonal high school chick here. You've got to decided if you're going all the way.

So if you decide that you do what this market here are a few suggestions that might solve your problems.

Features ale-cart develop different version of the product minus certain features. Do some market research and discover what the features are that could or could not go and as the developers are writing them do them all together in a way that makes the situation run smoothly. In this scenario it will be essential to NOT simply disable a feature, as in a demo or trial version. That market doesn't get that feature and should believe it doesn't exist.

Sponsor an online community that makes the cheaper software look 'cooler' than yours to the teenage mind, while at the same time acting like the dorky uncle so to say that once they get older and decide its time to hit the classroom for real and get serious, you already have a rapport with them and then they come to you for the educational version they learn on, then finally the full version.

This online community should encourage things like serious approaches to the craft and not just 'maken beetz' set them up to be future customers this way you nurture and ensure your investment.

I have so many ideas like this, but the sad thing is you've already been told or someones beat you to it. It's not too late. Get a hold of me. Lets save this thing!

Together we have the power! lol Seriously though...I could save your industry.

PS
I'm just wondering are you aware of exactly WHO the crack teams are? I get the sense you think it's a bunch of college kids flexin nuts with computer skill, and that's not the truth. I'm not about to tell you if you don't know. Last thing I want is some hacker pissed off at me...but I'd give that some thought if I were you.

--------------------
http://thereconcilecenter.proboards.com/index.cgi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:46 AM