Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ebay And Other Internet Markets., Who is policing the internet markets?
Policing the internet market place.
Do you think the software companies are doing enough to police the major sites? (Ebay etc) , therefore preventing the SALE of warez.
Yes [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Molec
post Nov 25 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,492

I think we're all in agreement that people should buy their software, though I imagine 95% of the general public have at one time or other used warez....naughty but true.

But, why is it that i'm finding lots of cracks on Ebay and other internet market sites? I even found one on Sound on Sound the other day (and reported it to SOS). I don't imagine for one minute that you'll stop people sharing warez via P2P or torrent clients but you can stop people making money out of it on Ebay and the like.

It took me just a few moments to find cracks on Ebay, it's not difficult, so WHY AREN'T THE SOFTWARE MANUFACTURERS DOING IT?

Are you lot too lazy? If each and every one of you software companies searched pay sites for bootlegs of your own products, you'd spend almost no time at all and they would soon be clear of the trade. This could even be done electronically using keyword searches, making things even easier, so don't give me any "too costly" bull.

Has anyone jumped through the necessary hoops Ebay make you go through in order to get a refund when your bargain purchase turns out to be a copied CD? It's a pain and it appears that you manufacturers don't do anything to stop it carrying on.

I have personally reported at least 10 people to Ebay or directly to the software manufacturers in the past year, which is a minor blip to the amount of warez to be found there but it shouldn't really be me doing it. It should be YOU, the software manufacturers. Because if you're not doing it, then I may as well sell my licenses, go entirely for cracks and spend my money elsewhere.

Yours

Disgruntled member of the public who thinks that the software companies aren't pulling their weight....AT ALL.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Molec
post Nov 25 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,492

27 views but no response.

How about a few voices from the industry itself, seeing as this site is dedicated to the preservation of your software from hackers and bootleggers.

This post has been edited by Molec: Nov 25 2010, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
kelcyx
post Jan 9 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,854

I recently bought, thru ebay, Sonar5. I had no idea that ther are illegal programs being sold there. It was $20.00. It seemed to be legit as Sonar5 is older software. It has a label which looking back there are lazer printers
It has a ser # and a reg#.
How do I tell?
Kelcy-x
sad.gif

+Quote Post
djdacha
post Aug 9 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,304

Yes, and as I know you have to register your software through company website, I bought Native Instruments Traktor and registered it on their site and it works. Of course, if you pay 70% of the regular price, than it's probably some scam... But if it's 10-20% cheaper and person claims that is official seller, I would buy. After all, you're protected with PayPal so if something goes wrong, you can get your money back, you have 45 days after purchase. I' not sure for other markets, but it is safe to get all on eBay.

This post has been edited by djdacha: Aug 9 2013, 11:42 PM

+Quote Post
Smurf
post Aug 27 2013, 04:46 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 11,203

QUOTE (djdacha @ Aug 9 2013, 05:41 PM) *
After all, you're protected with PayPal so if something goes wrong, you can get your money back, you have 45 days after purchase. I' not sure for other markets, but it is safe to get all on eBay.

This is the biggest laugh I have had on this forum! PP ripped me 2 times, siding with the thief seller Penny Lane Books. I had documented email trail, pictures of the auction pages, receipts for everything, you name it I HAD it, it was all turned in 3 or 5 times and end the end they sided with the trash..

PP & eBay are a joke anymore. If I see something I am interested in I will drop the seller a PM, and believe it or not some would also like to avoid paying with their first born ever time the make a sale...

And folks, it does NOT matter the YOUR experiences has been 100% fine, mine was also up until last Dec...just like a HDD, it WILL fail, you just never know when.....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:00 AM