Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Ideas On The Whole Thing..
Rating 5 V
Molec
post Nov 27 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,492

Nobody has mentioned the power of advertising. We are all subject to advertising. Adverts are there to make a product desirable. An advert fails if it doesn't make you want that product. Millions and Billions are spent on advertising in order to make people desire things.

If you can't afford to pay for it but it's been made that desirable, what do you do? Do you go for the Tesco's value equivalent download or do you download a crack of the real thing?

When a company makes their software "not for resale" after one official license transfer (standard practise of Spectrasonics), that's one cheaper official license taken out of circulation, with which a member of the public can use the product legally at an affordable price.

However, the power of the advert is still there, it doesn't just target people with money. It targets everyone, indiscriminately.

My point of view is, the industry is creating a monster through the power of advertising, so it shouldn't be too surprised when it gets bitten. The market in bootlegs is there because people have been made to want these amazing tools but there just isn't enough money floating around to buy everything we desire.

I own all my licenses but the software industry makes me sick with their hypocrisy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MorisTerezz
post Jan 30 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 9,159

Posted theis in General Photography but thought it might get more response here

I want to have a contest on my business FaceBook page, to give away a free photo session with a limit, of course, on the length/value, either a free graduating senior, newborn, bridal, engagement or family shoot. Please let me hear your ideas I was trying to think of something that would direct more people to my FB page, like, whoever gets the most fans to join within the next month wins--but I cant think of a way to keep up with or determine who is referring whom as a fan...

--------------------
http://www.elitelighting.ru/ - архитектурная скрытая подсветка загородных домов

+Quote Post
runnsmith
post Mar 1 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 9,464

A few specific thoughts on this whole software thing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:44 PM