Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Raising Funds For Bernie @ Nomad Factory, BERNIE NEEDS OUR HELP AND HE NEEDS IT NOW !
DontCrack
post Dec 4 2013, 08:20 AM
Post #1

DontCrack Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 67

Dear friends,

Our long time partner Bernie Torelli at Nomad Factory needs your help !

Today we are sad to announce that our friend Bernie Torelli has been admitted in a hospital in Los-Angeles for a serious spine disease due to a cancer he was diagnosed with over two years ago. Although it is very serious at this time, there are chances that Bernie will make a full recovery, if all the necessary care is done. But the medical costs have already devastated Bernie's family financial situation, making any chance of necessary surgery nearly impossible !

We have therefore decided to help him out by raising funds by promoting and donating the receipts of Nomad Factory's best selling products :

MAGNETIC II, ECHOES and COSMOS at the no brainer cost of ONLY $19.
The Magnetics Bundle II that contains ALL three plug-ins is actually dropped at ONLY $49 !

And all other Nomad Factory products are sold at up to 75% discount until December 31.

It is needless to say that 90% of the income provided through this promotion will be directly sent to Bernie's wife for her to manage the mounting health costs but also continue to pay Nomad Factory's employees that have been continuously working on product development and customer support during Bernie's illness. That is certainly the most important reason for Bernie to fight for his life as all of his time has loyally been devoted to his work, his employees, his friends and most of all, his family… Great new products are almost ready to launch…

BERNIE NEEDS OUR HELP AND HE NEEDS IT NOW !

So if you want to give your support to a great Audio Software Developer, Please do it now !

Thank you so much !

Eric Nolot
CEO & Président
DontCrack inc.

About Bernie Torelli - CEO and main developer at Nomad Factory

Many underestimate Bernie's career as an incredible musician, composer, sound engineer and perhaps most of all, as a very talented software developer :

Bernie Torelli, founder of Nomad Factory is an internationally recognised recording engineer, producer and composer who has worked in Paris, Montreal, and Los Angeles with legendary musicians and artists such as Stanley Clarke in Los Angeles, Michel Polnareff in France, Marie Carmen in Montreal just to name a few. Bernie was nominated for a grammy award for mixing Cab2 "Best Contemporary Jazz Instrumental Album".

In 2001, focusing on experience acquired through over 25 years of analog engineering, Bernie started developing products reminiscent of 60's and 70's technology. The Blue Tubes Bundle was born. As an engineer working at Track Star Studios in San Diego, California, Bernie quickly replaced the studio's standard plug-ins with his own. A host of top notch player's passing through could not help but notice the amazing sound quality, combined with user friendly features. After being asked over and over if these products were available on the market, in mid-2002 Nomad Factory became an official company selling plug-ins on the internet.

Licenses and Development : Bernie Torelli has developed for Spectrasonics most of the effects included in the Rack Effects section of the "Stylus RMX" and the incredible "Omnisphere". Bernie Torelli, head engineer at Nomad Factory is also the Software Product Manager at BBE Sound Inc. in charge of all BBE Sound Inc. software development, Bernie also developed three new DSP effects for Fxpansion and quite a few Plug & Mix plug-ins as well as the final P&M installers.

Bernie has worked with : Nick D' Virgilio, Jerry Goodman, Robert Lamm, Josquin des Pres, Bunny Brunel, Lenny Castro, Curt Bisquera, Reggie Hamilton, Carl Evans, David Stark, Jimmy Crespo, Gerry Brown, Kamil Rustam, Stanley Clarke, Scott Gorham, Jamie Reno, Michel Polnareff, Earl Thomas, Sunru, Mario Olivares, Tony MacAlpine, Patrice Rushen, Nicolas Peyrac, Jessica Moreno, William Sheller, Brian Auger, Karma Auger, Salvatore Adamo, Chris Pinnick, Jean-Paul Dreau, Philip Steele, Michel Fugain, Thomas Connor, Charles Elie Couture, Brianna Cara, Nicoletta, Joey Pearson, Allison Paige, Michael Greene, Oscar Aragon, Redbone, Dennis Chambers, Charley Pride, Randy Meisner, Dickey Betts, Da Vinci Vox, Jean-Jacques Chardeau, Eve Selis, Deadbolt, Marie Carmen, David Singletary, The Rockets, Steve Smith, David Maldonado, Dana Leewood, Pepper Williams, Viva Santana, and so many others…

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sealsongs
post Dec 4 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,308

I am so sorry to hear about this medical and financial trial for Bernie and his family. Nomad Factory has been a solid and unyielding star in the plugin universe and we simply cannot do without Bernie and his company! Wishing him well and praying for successful treatment and recovery.

+Quote Post
mesaone
post Dec 4 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,246

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll be buying some for a friend today, then.

+Quote Post
Yev
post Dec 5 2013, 12:06 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,644

I now own everything Nomad Factory has released. I don't suppose you guys can reveal which P&M plugs Bernie worked on? I have a funny feeling Clarisonix and Brightness have to be on the list, because they're just ridiculously amazing. It's incredible, how much this man contributed to the audio world, and truly sad that he was not duly recognized by the market.

This post has been edited by Yev: Dec 5 2013, 12:07 AM

+Quote Post
neilwilkes
post Dec 5 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,412

Hi Bernie.

So sorry to hear about this devastating news.
Keep up with the fight though, as these things can be beaten & if anyone has the strength to do so it is you.
Our thoughts are with you & your family and we wish you a full recovery as fast as possible.

--------------------
www.opusproductions.com
www.so-audio.com

+Quote Post
Saxophonista
post Dec 6 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,747

Thanx for this great offer! and all the best to Bernie at NF.

+Quote Post
GORA Serge
post Dec 6 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,730

I understand that an intervention or medical have a cost, but would there no system of social protection in U.S.A. or Canada ?
This is just to know I'm curious or confused so forgive my awkwardness in this circumstances . huh.gif

+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 6 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #8

Staff

Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (GORA Serge @ Dec 6 2013, 01:09 PM) *
I understand that an intervention or medical have a cost, but would there no system of social protection in U.S.A. or Canada ?
This is just to know I'm curious or confused so forgive my awkwardness in this circumstances . huh.gif

Hello GORA Serge,

Without getting into a debate on health care and how governments deal with it in different countries,( the situation in the United States has been improving ), but one can find yourself quite easily in a position where the costs are driving you into debt.

A lot of people have found themselves in a situation where they lose everything to cover the expenses.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 6 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #9

Staff

Member No.: 11,576

Hello everybody,

Just to give you all an update.

Your response has been just incredible, and we are very thankful for that.

As you might have seen we ran out of Cosmos and Magnetic Bundle II because the demand was so great! (they're back in stock now)

Please note that ALL the Nomad Factory plug-ins are on sale and contributing to the fund-raising for Bernie.

We did a Skype with Bernie last night and I am VERY happy to tell you that we saw a big smile on Bernie's face as he had seen all the orders that had been cascading in!

It gave hime a big shot of POSITIVENESS and he was really really touched by the response he saw.

We want to thank everyone who has contributed so far.

We always thought that the Music community was made up of really caring and cool people.

Well I can tell you now, we have PROOF of it!

There are also a lot of people who either had the Nomad plug-ins or didn't need to purchase who made direct donations and that is really incredible.

You people are AMAZING!

Please spread the word if you can, we still don't know exactly how much he will need to get through this, but it could be a very substantial amount, but last week it looked like an impossibility.

You have given a really good guy a dose of hope.

And that's is really good medicine.

Best Regards,

Nick,

+Quote Post
Yev
post Dec 6 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,644

QUOTE (GORA Serge @ Dec 6 2013, 07:09 AM) *

I have zero familiarity with the situation and am just guessing, but any number of possibilities could arise, exacerbated by the fact that as a self-employed business owner, he wouldn't have a large group policy that most employees of larger businesses have. Some possibilities are

*There was a lifetime maximum on the benefits he could receive under his policy (these have recently become illegal for some "essential" services, but far from all of them)
*He could be disqualified from receiving insurance coverage due to failure to report anything that could be labeled, however remotely, as a pre-existing condition (such as acne)
*The insurance plan he has may not cover the treatment he needs to receive or the facility at which he is to receive it. I'm guessing cancer care isn't the kind of bread&butter medicine that any hospital in any small town can provide. When it's a matter of life or death, you want the best, and the best may not be covered.

Up until recently, the only "system of social protection" that existed in the U.S. was that if you're dying and you go to the emergency room, they have to save your life before they ask for your credit card. As Nick has alluded, there have been some recent improvements (which half of our government is desperately trying to undo), but even those have been targeted toward making basic care more accessible rather than providing advanced specialty care.

+Quote Post
billytheb
post Dec 7 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,442

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Dec 6 2013, 07:15 AM) *
Hello everybody,

Just to give you all an update.

Your response has been just incredible, and we are very thankful for that.

As you might have seen we ran out of Cosmos and Magnetic Bundle II because the demand was so great! (they're back in stock now)

Please note that ALL the Nomad Factory plug-ins are on sale and contributing to the fund-raising for Bernie.

We did a Skype with Bernie last night and I am VERY happy to tell you that we saw a big smile on Bernie's face as he had seen all the orders that had been cascading in!

It gave hime a big shot of POSITIVENESS and he was really really touched by the response he saw.

We want to thank everyone who has contributed so far.

We always thought that the Music community was made up of really caring and cool people.

Well I can tell you now, we have PROOF of it!

There are also a lot of people who either had the Nomad plug-ins or didn't need to purchase who made direct donations and that is really incredible.

You people are AMAZING!

Please spread the word if you can, we still don't know exactly how much he will need to get through this, but it could be a very substantial amount, but last week it looked like an impossibility.

You have given a really good guy a dose of hope.

And that's is really good medicine.

Best Regards,

Nick,

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing the Magnetic II or the bundle for Windows 7/64 OS but I cannot tell if there are AAX versions available for windows. I'd like to use them with PT 11.

Thanks, Billy

+Quote Post
kennygarlic
post Dec 9 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,458

I´d like to jump in but I do already have nearly all the good Nomad stuff.
Any chance you guys can add the BBE plugins to the deal?
I don´t really need them but I could throw a couple of $$$ in the hat!

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Dec 10 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #13

DontCrack Staff

QUOTE (billytheb @ Dec 7 2013, 08:14 PM) *
Hi, I'm interested in purchasing the Magnetic II or the bundle for Windows 7/64 OS but I cannot tell if there are AAX versions available for windows. I'd like to use them with PT 11.

Thanks, Billy

Hi Billy,

I apologies for the late reply and thanks for joining in

v4.0.0 ( July 15, 2013)

Added Windows Pro Tools 11 AAX 64 bit for COSMOS, ECHOES, MAGNETIC & MAGNETIC II.

Hope that answers your thoughts ;-)

Thanks - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Dec 10 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #14

DontCrack Staff

QUOTE (kennygarlic @ Dec 9 2013, 01:02 PM) *
I´d like to jump in but I do already have nearly all the good Nomad stuff.
Any chance you guys can add the BBE plugins to the deal?
I don´t really need them but I could throw a couple of $$$ in the hat!

Hi kennygarlic,

We are working on it but that implies a third party company which might not make things easy to negotiate a such no brainer deal than the ones applied to all Nomad Factory products...

But thanks for suggesting ! I'll keep you posted !

Kind Regards - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Dec 10 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #15

DontCrack Staff

Dear Friends,

Less than a week ago, we sent a mailing in order to RAISE FUNDS for our friend and partner Bernie Torelli at Nomad Factory that has unfortunately been admitted in a hospital in Los-Angeles for a serious spine disease due to a cancer he was diagnosed with over two years ago.

Well today it is with great pleasure that I am able to announce that we have already raised and sent over $60 000 to Bernie's family! But that is unfortunately still far short of the necessary funds needed to cover Bernie's growing medical costs that are quite simply RIDICULOUS !

We will therefore keep the "Raising Funds" promotion going until December 31.
So please use any of the links below to spread the good word as far and loud as you possibly can...

• Please share our "Raising Funds" post on your FACEBOOK page.
• You may also want to RT (re-tweet) our announcement on TWITTER

On behalf of Bernie and his family, I want to thank ALL of you that have spontaneously participated in our "Raising-Funds" promotion, contributing to making it so successful up until now!

We have given Bernie a reason to smile and a great big dose of hope… And that is surely the very best medicine !

I personally want to thank ALL of you for the lovely comments and the amazing user testimonials posted here in our forums as well as on KVR Audio, Gearslutz, Motunation, Cakewalk and so many others.

Thank you so much !

Eric Nolot
CEO & President
DontCrack.com

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:43 PM