Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When Can We Expect The Rest Of Vip Bundle?
Nick
post Nov 15 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #16

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (optofonik @ Nov 15 2012, 04:52 AM) *
It has been almost two weeks, however...

... that was a little intense.

Eric,

No one wants software delivered with bugs. I'm okay with waiting but it doesn't create a good impression when specific promises are made (see first quote) then seemingly broken. It would have been fine to say, "It's just a question of weeks", instead of "days". There are, after all, still a few weeks remaining before P&M would miss the deadline that was set when the DC VIP Bundle was released.

However, you did say it was, "... just a question of days now." Everyone will understand if there were some last minute technical problems. What people don't understand is when someone isn't up on their word, so hook us all up with an honest explanation. Under the circumstances, it's the least you can do. If P&M plan on competing successfully in VST development such a forthright explanation will help overcome this particular miscommunication and since this is your first foray, this is the very foundation on which your reputation will rest upon for some while. The time spent on changing the name and creating a new logo doesn't help the situation regardless of it being separate departments. Help us help you.

Thanks,

Mick

Hello Mick,

Eric is out of the office, he asked me to tell you that he understands the frustration you are feeling right now about the delay of the launch of the full Plug&Mix VIP Bundle.

You are right that we want this bundle to be as solid as possible on all the various platforms it will support and the test cycle has taken a bit longer than we had been anticipating. But it is in everyone's interest that this procedure is not rushed.

Thanks for your comments and continuing interest. We believe that the remaining plug-ins that complete the full bundle will be a pleasant surprise for everyone out there.

The very latest projection is for a launch before the end of this month.

Best Regards,

Nick

DontCrac[k]
Nick Hamilton - Product Manager
nick@dontcrack.com
http://www.dontcrack.com
--------------------------------------------
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toon
post Nov 15 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,572

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Nov 15 2012, 04:46 PM) *
We believe that the remaining plug-ins that complete the full bundle will be a pleasant surprise for everyone

I like a pleasant surprise!

+Quote Post
optofonik
post Nov 15 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,253

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Nov 15 2012, 06:46 AM) *
Hello Mick,

Eric is out of the office, he asked me to tell you that he understands the frustration you are feeling right now about the delay of the launch of the full Plug&Mix VIP Bundle.

You are right that we want this bundle to be as solid as possible on all the various platforms it will support and the test cycle has taken a bit longer than we had been anticipating. But it is in everyone's interest that this procedure is not rushed.

Thanks for your comments and continuing interest. We believe that the remaining plug-ins that complete the full bundle will be a pleasant surprise for everyone out there.

Best Regards,

Nick

DontCrac[k]
nick@dontcrack.com
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -

Nick,

Thanks for the reply. I hope most here agree that a timely explanation is all anyone wants when there is a delay like this. I'm looking forward to the rest of the bundle.

Kind regards,

Mick

+Quote Post
SoundMaster777
post Nov 27 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 11,843

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Nov 15 2012, 03:46 PM) *

Tsss....empty words again!! wacko.gif
"...before the end of this month" blink.gif
It's already "before" and nothing happened yet...
...reliable, sincere developers???

This post has been edited by SoundMaster777: Nov 27 2012, 09:28 PM

+Quote Post
Toon
post Nov 28 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #20

unsure.gif I can only assume that there are some problems with the new P&M additions. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Smurf
post Nov 29 2012, 05:28 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 11,203

I keep checking back to see if they are ready yet...we can not wait! cool.gif

+Quote Post
eric
post Nov 29 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #22

Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Dear friends,

We totally understand how frustrating it is to wait and we do apologise about that. But launching 14 new plug-ins (I mean 14 GOOD plug-ins) is not an easy task and the delay came from the fact that we rejected quite a few as they didn't meet our quality standards. The good news is that we partnered with new audio devs that did an incredible job on some requested plug-ins and that were giving us a hard time... We think you will LOVE them ;-)

A this point, ALL the plug-ins are ready. We have also spent a great amount of time "fine tuning" them and beta testing in every possible OS and DAW environments including Windows 8 and Mountain Lion which is crazy ! We should have all final installers ready by the end of this week and it looks like we will officially announce the availability of P&Ms version 3.0 early next week. The V.I.P. bundle will from now on contain 40 plug-ins and the upgrade will be FREE of charge for everyone (as promised).

And what if I mentioned (as a tease) that ALL plug-ins might be ??? ready ;-)

Believe us, we are just as impatient as you are to see these plug-ins released as we have invested quite a lot of time and money in the P&M project. We simply didn't want to rush in to delivering anything but high quality products.

Thank you all for your patience and your understanding.

Kind Regards - Eric
CEO at DontCrack

+Quote Post
Toon
post Nov 29 2012, 08:07 PM
Post #23

O boy.....soon now!!!!

@ Eric,

Is V 3.0 a complete new install of the 40 plugsins ?
Do we have to uninstall the old Plugins?

" And what if I mentioned (as a tease) that ALL plug-ins might be ??? ready ;-) "

^^ Anybody got an idea ? ^^

This post has been edited by Toon: Nov 29 2012, 08:08 PM

+Quote Post
optofonik
post Nov 30 2012, 03:45 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 10,253

QUOTE (eric @ Nov 29 2012, 01:40 AM) *
Dear friends,

We totally understand how frustrating it is to wait and we do apologise about that. But launching 14 new plug-ins (I mean 14 GOOD plug-ins) is not an easy task and the delay came from the fact that we rejected quite a few as they didn't meet our quality standards. The good news is that we partnered with new audio devs that did an incredible job on some requested plug-ins and that were giving us a hard time... We think you will LOVE them ;-)

A this point, ALL the plug-ins are ready. We have also spent a great amount of time "fine tuning" them and beta testing in every possible OS and DAW environments including Windows 8 and Mountain Lion which is crazy ! We should have all final installers ready by the end of this week and it looks like we will officially announce the availability of P&Ms version 3.0 early next week. The V.I.P. bundle will from now on contain 40 plug-ins and the upgrade will be FREE of charge for everyone (as promised).

And what if I mentioned (as a tease) that ALL plug-ins might be ??? ready ;-)

Believe us, we are just as impatient as you are to see these plug-ins released as we have invested quite a lot of time and money in the P&M project. We simply didn't want to rush in to delivering anything but high quality products.

Thank you all for your patience and your understanding.

Kind Regards - Eric
CEO at DontCrack

Good to hear an update on the status of... the update. smile.gif Equally good to hear about the time being spent on QC.

+Quote Post
Smurf
post Dec 1 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 11,203

QUOTE (Toon @ Nov 29 2012, 02:07 PM) *
" And what if I mentioned (as a tease) that ALL plug-ins might be ??? ready ;-) "

AAX?

+Quote Post
SoundMaster777
post Dec 2 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 11,843

"The very latest projection is for a launch before the end of this month."
Best Regards,
Nick

Words gone with the wind - again! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
It isn't nice @ all to fuck up people, making false promises.....
....fairly better to shut up and say nothing!

P.S. : A really serious developer would at least put some well made teaser or images on their products page.

This post has been edited by SoundMaster777: Dec 2 2012, 01:58 PM

+Quote Post
Medienhexer
post Dec 3 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 10,271

QUOTE (SoundMaster777 @ Dec 2 2012, 01:57 PM) *
Words gone with the wind - again! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
It isn't nice @ all to fuck up people, making false promises.....
....fairly better to shut up and say nothing!

P.S. : A really serious developer would at least put some well made teaser or images on their products page.

Or as polite folks would ask: hey, guys, how's the update progressing? Today looks like a mighty fine day to me for the release of the rest of the bundle. Whatd'cha say?

If it's technical problems, take your time and fix them. Nothing annoys more than problems. If you're getting gun shy - don't! There's size and there's strength in numbers tongue.gif

Seriously, though, come on, Christmas dude is lurking :-D

+Quote Post
eric
post Dec 4 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #28

Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Thanks Medienhexer for bringing this conversation back to a higher level.

So here is where we are today: We did try to respect our own deadline launching the 14 new plug-ins before the end of November but we obviously did encounter a few minor issues as we were beta testing the plugs and didn't want to launch shaky versions of our products.

As for the" teasing", we were really hoping to have all plug-ins available in the AAX format for the launch of V3.0. That turned-out to be a nightmare having to deal with Avid's incomplete documentation and some terrible backward compatibility issues, like a lot of other developers. Again we didn't want to release anything if it isn't totally stable and usable in real-life situations.

So now were almost OK with the AAX but if we don't solve ALL issues related to that format, we'll simply release V3.0 at the latest next Tuesday and we will have the AAX upgrade as soon as it's stable enough for our quality standards.

All of us here at DontCrack truly apologise for the delay that we understand it's a pain, but once again, we are doing our very best to keep our deadlines while making sure the products are as good as you can rightfully expect them to be.

Thanks you again for your patience and your understanding.

All the best - Eric

--------------------
Eric Nolot
President & CEO

+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 4 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #29

Staff

Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (Toon @ Nov 29 2012, 08:07 PM) *
O boy.....soon now!!!!

@ Eric,

Is V 3.0 a complete new install of the 40 plugsins ?
Do we have to uninstall the old Plugins?

You won't have uninstall anything, the installer for the VIP Version 3,0 will keep all your presets on the existing plug-ins while updating the 26 older plug-ins and adding the 14 new ones.

Regards,

Nick

DontCrac[k]
nick@dontcrack.com
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Dec 4 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #30

DontCrack Staff

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Dec 4 2012, 01:32 PM) *
You won't have uninstall anything, the installer for the VIP Version 3,0 will keep all your presets on the existing plug-ins while updating the 26 older plug-ins and adding the 14 new ones.

Regards,

Nick

Hi guys,

I just do want to add that it is a FULL installer with 40 plug-ins that will need to be downloaded and installed. The new V3 installer will remove previous plug-ins and install the new ones. But as Nick said, it will keep all presets and load previous song settings transparently.

We are working on an issue with the AAX versions where one can't identify if it is an RTAS or AAX plugin that loads from the plug-in menu in PT as nothing as been planed to identify it wink.gif We encounter that with other dev plugins wher you only see twice the same plug without knowing if it is an RTAS or AAX that you are loading on a track...

Also Avid doesn't make AAX plug-ins compatible with previous RTAS settings saved within a song which is a bummer. Moreover, we are keeping in mind that PT 11 will no longer give access to RTAS plug-ins.

We hope you understand the issue here as we want to make sure that you know what you're doing when loading an RTAS or AAX plugin. That will be a great issue for many of us when switching to Pro Tools 11 with no backward compatibility with RTAS settings saved in previous songs blink.gif

Hope all of that makes sense and that you do understand the issue we're working on...

Thanks - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:39 AM