Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ircamlab Ts Vs Supervp For Max
Spip
post Sep 19 2014, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,417

Hello,

Does anyone know if IrcamLab TS and SuperVP for Max share the same engine and features ?

What are the differences between them ? TS seems no more than a stand-alone version of SuperVP for Max, or am I missing something ?

I'm very impressed by the quality of the sound of TS even though it is not rock-solid and feel a little bit buggy. (1 crash and several freezing/locking of some parameter boxes).

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Sep 23 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #2

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (Spip @ Sep 19 2014, 10:25 AM) *
Hello,

Does anyone know if IrcamLab TS and SuperVP for Max share the same engine and features ?

What are the differences between them ? TS seems no more than a stand-alone version of SuperVP for Max, or am I missing something ?

I'm very impressed by the quality of the sound of TS even though it is not rock-solid and feel a little bit buggy. (1 crash and several freezing/locking of some parameter boxes).

Thanks in advance

Hello Spip,

IrcamLab TS does share the same 'hertitage' of the great research that has been going on for decades at Ircam.

So it is part of the larger, more complex programs such as Max, which provide a huge amount of different possibilities in the way you can chain different blocks of DSP treatments.

If you are having problems with the TS please send me some info on your configuration and how the problem occurred.

We want it to be as solid as possible.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Spip
post Sep 23 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,417

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.

But I couldn't wait any longer and bought TS two days ago. wink.gif

What I would like to know, now that I've spent quite some time with it, is : is the quality (or the engine) of SuperVP for Max exactly the same than TS.
In other words, I would be interested to buy and use it with Max but I don't want to be disappointed by the quality of the algorithms of SuperVP. There isn't any demo available and the only document I found is the help files for Max.

About TS, after few hours with it, I can say I'm really impressed by the sound and the speed of the workflow but... it is really buggy. Usable but buggy.
Around 1 crash / hour and I had to restart it a few times because it didn't recognise audio files. All was fine after a reboot.
Roughly : you have to be careful how quick you type in the numboxes and play with the MIDI controller. To much data and it freezes or crashes. As I was saying, I had error messages saying that the wav or aiff files were not audio files.
The same files were accepted without problem after a reboot. Also, it doesn't seem to like working on more than 3 files open at a time.
Nothing extraordinary but it's hard to feel at home in such circumstances and unacceptable for live use, of course. I don't forget that it's a 1.0 version but some obvious features seem missing. Knobs and sliders can not be used with scroll-wheel or trackpad. Time length and BPM conversion etc.
Don't get me wrong it's a really good software and very promising but closer to 0.9 than 1.0. version...
Config.: Macbook 2.4 (late 2011) OSX Maverick.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:52 AM