Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Location Of Codes On Hard Drive?
MrWrenchey
post May 7 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,021

Okay, so I just got hired on at a recording studio and I need to know where the location of my codes for my P&M codes are. Is there a folder or something on a PC/Mac that would have those?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 13 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #2

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (MrWrenchey @ May 7 2013, 08:45 PM) *
Okay, so I just got hired on at a recording studio and I need to know where the location of my codes for my P&M codes are. Is there a folder or something on a PC/Mac that would have those?

Hi MrWrenchey,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack and Plug&Mix.

Copyright protection is a necessary evil, but we have tried to make it real easy for our clients by making it a simple "serial number" authorisation.

You can authorise up to Five machines/studios with your license.

So you could install the P&M V.I.P. Bundle at the site you are working. When the DAW reboots it will ask for your "serial number" that you can carry with you on a USB stick or in case you forgot it log in to our store look at your order history and retrieve it from there.

Of course when you install and authorise at another site, you are effectively giving away one of your licenses, so it would be advised to trash the complete P&M folder after finishing the job.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
LMah
post May 6 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,069

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 13 2013, 07:54 AM) *
You can authorise up to Five machines/studios with your license.

So you could install the P&M V.I.P. Bundle at the site you are working. When the DAW reboots it will ask for your "serial number" that you can carry with you on a USB stick or in case you forgot it log in to our store look at your order history and retrieve it from there.

Of course when you install and authorise at another site, you are effectively giving away one of your licenses, so it would be advised to trash the complete P&M folder after finishing the job.

I often work at different studios and bring my boot drive with me to start up the house studio computer so I have all my plugs and prefs all set up. If I want to run my P&M bundle, do I have to authorize that house machine if I've already authorized another machine with this boot drive? If so, can I unauthorize a machine after I'm done with my work on it?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 7 2014, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Staff

QUOTE (LMah @ May 6 2014, 09:12 PM) *
I often work at different studios and bring my boot drive with me to start up the house studio computer so I have all my plugs and prefs all set up. If I want to run my P&M bundle, do I have to authorize that house machine if I've already authorized another machine with this boot drive? If so, can I unauthorize a machine after I'm done with my work on it?

Thanks!

Hello Larry,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack and Plug&Mix.

If you are using your boot drive, you should be able to run the Plug and Mix plug-ins without a problem as the plug-ins will be looking to the boot drive for their authorisation.

If you have to use someone else's computer, then you have to install the plug-ins and use the code to authorise that machine, and that is limited to five machines. It is your choice whether you leave it there to work again or trash everything at the end of the project.

So the boot drive is a great idea, but if you ever need help just drop me a line and we will be happy to assist.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
jgastineau
post May 14 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,777

I have authorized the plugins using my admin account on the computer, but they don't work for other users. Any solution other than burning 2 authorizations on 1 computer?

Thanks

+Quote Post
frankz00
post Aug 19 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,569

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 13 2013, 10:54 AM) *

This being said, are the licenses reclaimable once removed from another machine?

+Quote Post
Nick
post Aug 20 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #7

Staff

QUOTE (frankz00 @ Aug 19 2014, 11:12 PM) *
This being said, are the licenses reclaimable once removed from another machine?

Hello frankz00,

Yes they are, as there is no 'handshake' that takes place over the net to register the fact they are on certain machine, you are OK.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 AM